Dundle Hill Walk
Dundle Hill Walk is a unique 2-day Waitomo walk though lush native bush, unique limestone formations, caves, forestry and farmland. The clearly marked walk is 27 kilometres long. Located halfway along, high up in the bush on Dundle Hill, is the Kay's Cabin.
The Dundle Hill Waitomo 2-Day Walk has 3 great walk sections:
- The Waitomo Walkway from Waitomo village to the Ruakuri Bush Reserve.
- The Ruakuri Bush Walk, home of the spectacular Aranui Cave and the Ruakuri Tunnel.
- The Walk to Kay's Cabin from Ruakuri Reserve to Kay's Cabin on top of Dundle Hill, then back along the Waitomo stream to the Reserve.
The 32-bunk cabin offers accommodation with a magnificent view of the surrounding country side.
- Cabin sleeps 32 (4 bunk room)
- No electricity
- Showers & flush toilets
- Fresh drinking water
- Wood burning fire for heating
- Gas element for cooking
- Pots & pans
- Barbeque facilities
- Eating utensils
- Pillows provided
- Cabin has cell phone coverage
- Tent sites also available at Kay's Cabin on Dundle Hill
(Luggage cartage services available)