Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park
The best place in NZ to see Kiwi!
- Enjoy close-up, all day viewing of our national bird, the Kiwi, in special nocturnal enclosures.
- Kiwi feeding daily at 10.30am, 1.30pm & 3.30pm, Kea & Kaka feeding at 11.00am, kakariki at 12.00pm, native Longfin eels at 2.30pm. Keeper talks throughout the day.
- Walk through New Zealand's largest dome aviary. You might get a chance to help hand-feed the Red-crowned Kakariki (parakeets) - you'll even see Tuatara reptiles, which pre-dated the dinosaurs, basking in the summer sunshine
- Wander along the Park's tree-lined paths and see a great range of New Zealand native birds - Kea, Kaka, Kakariki (parakeets) native wood pigeons, waterfowl and so much more!...
- We are just 15 minutes from the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Black Water Rafting and caving adventure tours
The Otorohanga Kiwi House is a truly authentic New Zealand nature experience, owned and operated by the Otorohanga Zoological Society Inc. – a "not-for-profit" dedicated to the conservation of New Zealand's native wildlife. Every cent of your entry fee is invested in the Park's operation and our breeding programs for Kiwi and endangered wildlife.
The Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park is open daily (except Christmas Day).
9:00am to 5.00pm
- $24.00 Adult
- $8.00 Children (Ages 5-15)
- $59.00 Family (2 adults & up to 3 children-a saving of $13)
(Under 5 years of age - free of charge with fee paying adult/s)